I'm a software engineer at Timescale, working with customers to develop cloud architectures and optimize performance for time-series databases.
In my spare time, I maintain several active open source projects including
- The rasterstats Python library for zonal statistics.
- The simanneal Python library for Simulated Annealing optimization.
- A set of Docker images for GDAL and Postgres
- For a full list of personal projects, check out my Github page.
Last but not least, I occasionally write technical articles for this site - perrygeo.com.
As a contributor:
As primary author:
- pairing - Python library for Cantor pairing
- Pixelmonster (PXM), the distributed image processing pipeline used by the Mapbox Imagery team.
- mapbox.satellite basemap
- Landsat Live
My recent work has explored the use of D3.js for buidling interactive user experiences that go beyond the map and allow deep exploration of the underlying data.
Decision Support Systems
- Our Florida Reefs
- Marine Map
- Forest Planner
- Aquatic Priorities Tool
- COGS ROI
- Floodplain Restoration
- Scipy Presentation
- BLM Climate
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Discrete optimization
- Growth Yield Batch
- Harvest Scheduler
- Climate Impacts
- Machine Learning for supervised classification